- 150G of mature cheddar cheese
- 100G of plain white flour
- 100G of butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Black pepper
- 1 Baking sheet covered with tin foil
- 1 Cheese grater
- 1 large mixing bowl
- A rolling pin
- A knife
- 1 cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Grate the cheese into the mixing bowl and sift in the flour. Then grind in a little black pepper.
- Cut the butter into small chunks and rub it into the flour using your finger tips. You’ll know when it is ready as the flour will look like small bread crumbs. Then stir in the egg yolk.
- Kneed the pastry into a ball. Dust the work surface with flour and place the ball of pastry on the work surface. Roll out the cheesy dough until it is about half 1CM thick.
- The start to cut the dough into square pieces. Once you have cut up the dough, carefully place the squares on the baking tray.
- Place the dough in the oven for about 10 minutes but check after 8. Once the squares look like a pale gold colour, they are ready. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray.
This is a really simple recipe to make 🙂 You can also change the cheese you use to make a different flavour
Hope you enjoy 🙂